Updated as of January 21, 2021
NEW! PowderMet2021, AMPM2021, and Tungsten2021 are moving to a Hybrid Conference!
We know travel plans are uncertain right now, but we are moving forward with our campaign for professionally rewarding conferences. PowderMet2021, AMPM2021, and Tungsten2021 in Orlando are pivoting to hybrid conferences to ensure that all speakers are provided the opportunity to present their work and delegates can advance their knowledge, regardless of travel restrictions that could have made participating impossible. In addition to live presentations, all recorded presentations will be available on demand. Registrants will no longer need to try and be in two places at once!
The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, guests, and staff are the top priority of the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF). We are continuing to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic very closely. We are in communications with other meeting/event industry professionals, as well as keeping a close pulse on what the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local authorities are reporting and recommending for safely bringing groups together for in-person conferences.
As an organization, MPIF staff is working closely with the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, in Orlando, to ensure that all safety and health measures are in-place to keep our attendees healthy throughout the duration of the conference.
Here are some of the measures that we are implementing:
- Facial coverings and/or masks will be required at all MPIF functions. Facial covering and/or mask should be properly worn and cover the attendees’ nose and mouth.
- Current social distancing measures will be in place and adhered to by all attendees, exhibitors and staff.
- Self-monitor for symptoms daily. If experiencing any symptom (fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea), attendee agrees they will not participate in any MPIF activity or event.
- If attendee suspects they have contracted COVID-19 or experiences emergency symptoms (trouble breathing; persistent pain or pressure in the chest; new confusion; inability to wake or stay awake; bluish lips or face), please remain in your hotel room, contact the front desk, and contact MPIF’s emergency contact, Diane Haggerty, CMP, at 215-630-2167.
- We are adopting a “No-Handshake Policy” to reduce the spread of germs.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set-up throughout the hotel and the event space.
- MPIF staff and the hotel personnel will increase cleaning and disinfecting practices across all high-volume touchpoints (catering areas, podiums, microphones, registration desk, handrails, entrance/exit doors, among others).
- Remember the regular practice of handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds will help prevent the spread of germs.
- Attendees that are not adhering to the above measures, will be asked to leave the premises and no refunds will be provided.
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort also has their own set of standards outlined. To view the extra steps the hotel is taking, please visit “Our Commitment to Clean.”
If at any time you show any symptoms of illness, please contact MPIF’s emergency contact, Diane Haggerty, CMP, at 215-630-2167.