We know travel plans are uncertain right now, but we are moving forward with our campaign for professionally rewarding PM Management Summit.
The health and safety of our attendees, speakers, guests, and staff are the top priority of the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF). We are continuing to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic very closely. We are in communications with other meeting/event industry professionals, as well as keeping a close pulse on what the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local authorities are reporting and recommending for safely bringing groups together for in-person Summit.
As an organization, MPIF staff is working closely with the St. Anthony Hotel in San Antonio, to ensure that all safety and health measures are in-place to keep our attendees healthy throughout the duration of the Summit.
Here are some of the measures that we are implementing:
- Masks– Face coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated attendees. While we are not requiring proof of vaccination, we encourage Guests/Attendees who are not fully vaccinated to continue to wear face coverings in all indoor locations and transportation.
- Current social distancing measures will be in place and adhered to by all attendees.
- Self-monitor for symptoms daily. If experiencing any symptom (fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea), attendee agrees they will not participate in any MPIF activity or event.
- Red, yellow and green sticker system will be in place that will allow each delegate to indicate their comfort level when interacting with other attendees.
- If attendee suspects they have contracted COVID-19 or experiences emergency symptoms (trouble breathing; persistent pain or pressure in the chest; new confusion; inability to wake or stay awake; bluish lips or face), please remain in your hotel room, contact the front desk, and contact MPIF’s emergency contact, Diane Haggerty at 609-250-7849.
- We are adopting a “No-Handshake Policy” to reduce the spread of germs.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set-up throughout the hotel and the event space.
- MPIF staff and the hotel personnel will increase cleaning and disinfecting practices across all high-volume touchpoints (catering areas, podiums, microphones, registration desk, handrails, entrance/exit doors, among others).
- Remember the regular practice of handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds will help prevent the spread of germs.
- Attendees that are not adhering to the above measures, will be asked to leave the premises and no refunds will be provided.
If at any time you show any symptoms of illness, please contact MPIF’s emergency contact, Diane Haggerty, CMP, at 609-250-7849.