Basic PM Short Course Registration Opens
A powder metallurgy (PM) industry highlight, the annual Basic PM Short Course returns this summer to bring together those new to the PM industry and employees seeking to enhance their depth of PM knowledge and advance their careers. Held at Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, State College, Pennsylvania, this intensive three-day course will run from August 13 through August 15, 2018.
This year’s programming will focus on:
- History, current practice, and the future of PM.
- Why PM is a leading method for producing metal parts.
- The many applications that use PM parts.
- The fine points in designing for PM.
- How metal powders are produced.
- Designs for compacting tools.
- How sintering develops functional properties.
- About various secondary operations.
- About the Metal Powder Industries Federation standards and tests.
- About metal injection molding.
- The latest high-tech PM technologies, including metal additive manufacturing (3D printing).
Attendees will also receive over $600 in publications, including current MPIF standards.
"The Basic PM Short Course is not only the best way for those new to the industry to gain exposure to the opportunties presented by the PM industry," states Turner Abbott, office and technical services, Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF). "But also provides stepping stones for career advancement for engineers who need to enhance their background in PM with one-on-one interaction with the industry leaders teaching throughout the course."
Visit the Basic PM Short Course page to review the schedule and register.