The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, guests, and staff are the top priority of the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF). We are continuing to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic very closely. We are in communications with other meeting/event industry professionals, as well as keeping a close pulse on what the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local authorities are reporting and recommending for safely bringing groups together for in-person conferences.
As an organization, MPIF staff is working closely with Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa, to ensure that all safety and health measures are in-place to keep our attendees healthy throughout the duration of the conference.
Here are some of the measures that we are implementing:
- Mask Requirements – facial coverings/masks are not required.
- MPIF will continue to monitor requirements set by local and state officials. MPIF will follow the directions provided by those authorities.
- Self-monitor for symptoms daily. If experiencing any symptom (fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea), attendee agrees they will not participate in any MPIF activity or event.
- If attendee suspects they have contracted COVID-19 or experiences emergency symptoms (trouble breathing; persistent pain or pressure in the chest; new confusion; inability to wake or stay awake; bluish lips or face), please remain in your hotel room, contact the front desk, and contact MPIF’s emergency contact, Diane Haggerty, CMP, at 609-250-7849.
- We are adopting a “No-Handshake Policy” to reduce the spread of germs.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set-up throughout the hotel and the event space.
- We are eliminating the Conference Binders, to reduce the number of touchpoints. All presentation decks will be provided electronically.
- MPIF staff and the hotel personnel will increase cleaning and disinfecting practices across all high-volume touchpoints (catering areas, podiums, microphones, registration desk, handrails, entrance/exit doors, among others).
- Remember the regular practice of handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds will help prevent the spread of germs.
- Attendees that are not adhering to the above measures, will be asked to leave the premises and no refunds will be provided.
If at any time you show any symptoms of illness, please contact MPIF’s emergency contact, Diane Haggerty, at 609-250-7849.