Metal AM Tutorial
NEW! Optional Metal Additive Manufacturing Tutorial
Sunday, June 23 (1:30–4:30 p.m.)
Conducted by: Todd A. Palmer, The Pennsylvania State University
Joseph T. Strauss, FAPMI, HJE Company, Inc.
(Separate registration fee applies.)
This tutorial will provide a basis for determining process options, uses, properties, applications, and opportunities for cost-effective metal additive manufacturing (AM). Individuals who will benefit from the tutorial include engineers, business managers, procurement managers, component designers, and technicians. This course is a must for consumers of metal AM components and organizations that are exploring the opportunities associated with developing their own metal AM facilities.
Registrants will receive a certificate of completion.
Included in the Tutorial:
- Overview of Metal AM Processes (Fusion and Solid State)
- Powder Feedstock Characteristics
- Fusion-Based Metal AM Processes:
- Beam-Material Interactions and
- Rapid Solidification Mechanisms
- Non-Fusion Metal AM Processes:
- Sintering and Solid-State Transformations
- Post-Processing, Properties and Performance